Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: Fw: Re: Grand Designs tonight touchscreens.....

Gareth Cook wrote:

>Easy enough to plumb one touchscreen as the main display onto a miniitx
>system - but what if you want more ? Do we need display cards that do
>multiple video outs or something ? I'm assuming I could just use the
>homeseer web engine to drive buttons, etc. and that can talk back to
>Comfort and CBUS.

This is what RedRadio's RAD-I/O does - it divides a single screens 'real
estate' into 8 sub  panels each of which drives a low cost screen
directly over CAT5 with power and video,which means all display is at
full PC speed.  Touch screen feedback emulates a mouse click on main PC
- there are a couple of restrictive aspects although not serious.  1)
The 'touch' is shared across all screens, ie they fight for contention
as there is only one mouse effectively and 2) the video card  has to be
the main and only display screen on the PC.

Kevin

http://www.redradio.com/products/rad-io.html