Fw: Re: Grand Designs tonight touchscreens.....

  • Subject: Fw: Re: Grand Designs tonight touchscreens.....
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:14:31 +0000

I thought of this so I dont have to buy a =A31000 cbus touchscreen.

Easy enough to plumb one touchscreen as the main display onto a miniitx=20
system - but what if you want more ? Do we need display cards that do=20
multiple video outs or something ? I'm assuming I could just use the=20
homeseer web engine to drive buttons, etc. and that can talk back to=20
Comfort and CBUS.

I'm open to ideas...

G.

Gareth Cook
Tools and Process Architect
IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

=20
----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 10/11/2005 13:13 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Today 13:04

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] Re: Grand Designs tonight touchscreens.....
.
Category:

So supposing I couldn't stretch to =A31600 for a 6.4" video
touchscreen
or =A3800 for a non video touchscreen....any other options?

Im thinking there must be a way to use those cheap VGA touchscreens
seen on ebay for =A3100 - =A3200.  Im thinking maybe using a website with
big buttons for control or even some sort of nicely displayed pc program?

Could this be done? Could you have more than one touchscreen connected
via USB, just like pluggin a few mice in i guess!

My budget definitely wouldn't cover the xantech screens altho they do
look very nice! some sort of pc control (or mac!!) would be much more
up my street in terms of pricing....interfacing through girder for IR
control maybe?!

Cheers
Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@s...> wrote:

> I'd be interested in how you get on with open air mics - I have a
system I put in 3 years ago with an intelligent Shure mixer - but
never found the right software to drive it (voice recognition). It's
OK in very quiet environments but as soon as you add any background
sound (music, TV etc) you can forget it :(
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
>=20
>=20
Behalf Of
> > Raymond Kelly
> > Sent: 10 November 2005 08:53
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Grand Designs tonight touchscreens.....
> >=20
> > iLight are part of http://www.polaron.co.uk.
> > I sent them emails and they never replied!! Not sure about the
level
> > of integration and other interfaces.
> > If you've looked at Crestron,AMX these are up there on their own
in
> > terms of price. I looked on and off for touchscreens and came to
the
> > conclusion that the 'nicest' reasonably priced touchscreen was
that by
> > Xantech http://www.xantech.com/splcd/index.htm
They are available in
> > the UK but again depends on level of integration you wish to
achieve
> >=20
> > Anyway I've given up on touchscreens and going now for an 'open
air
> > microphone'. No wall acne!!
> >=20
> > Saw traver
> > On 09/11/05, Shmern <shmern@s...> wrote:
> > > It was mentioned earlier this week on the list, and it's
listed
on the
> > Grand
> > > Designs Website as 'iLight'
> > >
> > > www.ilight.co.uk
> > >
> > > Looked good... But Im more interested in where she said she
could get
> > > Travertine Tiles for =A314.99 Sq/M !!!
> > >
> > > D.

grand
designs

for
touchscreen
past and
their not

Date:
> > 08/11/2005

Service.
> > >  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> > >
> > >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.