RE: Digest Number 5866 ([OT] Skype on Ipaq using headset)

  • Subject: RE: Digest Number 5866 ([OT] Skype on Ipaq using headset)
  • From: "Gareth J. Williams" <gjw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 12:06:54 -0000

Ho Yin,

I've been playing with this at work and it's because, as Wayne says, they
s=
hare the same frequency band. There is an additional spec which explains
ho=
w to get these two systems to interoperate, but not every device out there
=
uses it (it's a case of marketing - we have BT and Wi-fi but we don't say
t=
hey can be used together).

I've done tests with a XDA2i and Dell Axim 50V. The XDA didn't work with
th=
e BT headset, and the Dell did. XDA antennas were next to each other and
th=
e Dells had a bit more separation which helps.

Hope this helps.

Gareth

> Snip

Message: 8=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20