Re: BT Caller ID compatable modem

Jamie Bennett wrote:

> Hi,
>   I'm putting together a cheap media center pc for my parents who have
> suddenly decided to get all technological on me. They really want
> caller id on there but I'm at a loss to see what modems that are
> currently available support the BT standard. I've read the uk caller
> id FAQ but that seems to mention modems that are either not in stock
> anywhere or have been discontinued. Can anyone point me in the right
> direction to the cheapest possible (only want the caller id bit as
> they are on broadband) modem that is available now?

PC world sell one:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0091344940.1131365031@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccjaddgeggfhfkcflgceggdhhmdfhn.0&category_oid=-9904&sku=204825&page=Product&fm=undefined&sm=undefined&tm=undefined

However, there are several versions, and only the "3025C" one
with the
conexant chipset is BT CLI compatible, so you have to buy in the shop
where you can check the box!

Ever time I've seen one in PC World, it has been the 3025C version
though...

This might be it:
http://www.misco.co.uk/productinformation/~40990~/product.htm?affiliate=2019
http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=ZOOLA0352S&src=FRO1#extendedspecs