Latest message you have seen: [OT] Footballers wanted.

Re: Re: [Slightly OT Contd...] - UPS Calibration.

Andy Whitfield wrote:

>Something has gone wrong.
>47% load (or 37% load you had in previous post) shouldn't take long
>to run.  Should be well under an hour.

I had 37% the first time and when that didn't seem to work I dragged in
a few more lable lamps to get the load up as much as possible. 47% was
as far as I could get with bits of kit that wouldn't drop into a power
saving mode and hence subsequently reduce the load.

>Maybe load varied and screwed up calibration?

Nope ... well, by no more than a percent or so according to PowerChute.
I picked bits of kit that wouldn't vary load by going into standby or
having 'stats kicking in or out.

>Lets try another calibration method using HyperTerminal.
>
>HYPERTERMINAL INSTRUCTIONS
>===========================
>Must NOT have any cards plugged in to the smart slot in the UPS.
>Must close all other programs using comms ports
>Use Ctrl Alt Del and close pwrchute.exe, ups.exe and iconclnt.exe (if
>had powerchute running.  Program names might vary)
>Start HyperTerminal.
>Configure it for Com port 1 or 2, 2400 baud and Xon/Xoff
>* Do not press any other keys than those listed below as it's
>possible to have an adverse effect on the UPS *
>Shift Y   UPS replies SM
>Press 1, wait 5 secs and press 1 again.   UPS replies PROG
>Press 0   UPS replies with 2 digit hex number
>Use + and - key to adjust to 9A (for run time for new batteries)
>Shift R   UPS replies BYE
>
>Close HyperTerminal and (from explorer) run ups.exe and iconclnt.exe
>(or restart PC).  Powerchute icon should appear, click on it and
>powerchute should start.  Run time for a smart UPS is 350 mins
>without any load.
>
>Let me know if that has worked?
>Regards
>Andy