Latest message you have seen: Re: Apple Introduce Fastest Mac Ever

Re: Re: [Slightly OT Contd...] - UPS Calibration.

Dave wrote:

>Hi Phil,
>
>I have the exact same issue with my UPS after replacing the batteries.
>The LED's just keep flashing and I get no backup time whatsoever even
>after following Andy's calibrate routine in the past.
>I only have one PC connected to it and it is a Smart UPS 1000 from APC.
>
>I didn't use original OEM batteries as the price was way too much.
>Maybe that has something to do with it but the chemical composition
>and specfications are the same.
>
>Dave...

Nah!

The batteries are all the same mate ... the "APC" branded packs
that
came out of my UPS (which I have had sat on the floor for three years on
top of a network cable to stop it getting pulled and yanking my switch
off the shelf) were, when I peeled off the APC labels and parted the
packs out of curiosity, bog standard GP branded 12v 17Ah "slightly
bigger than motorcycle" batteries.

Nothing special at all.

Phil