Latest message you have seen: Re: What Multimeter? General HA Use

[Slightly OT Contd...] - UPS Calibration.

  • Subject: [Slightly OT Contd...] - UPS Calibration.
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 07:50:06 +0100

Hopefully Andy "UPSMan" Whitfield will be able to shed some light
on this...
:-)

Tried doing a recalibrate on this APC2200 at about 9:30 last night using a
47%(ish) load (according to PowerChute) as I was still getting the right
hand side battery display flashing when I came back to it after
recalibrating the evening before.

Anyway - it was still going at 1am this morning so I left it to itself and
PowerChute says it's *STILL* calibrating (Blue "Calibrating"
message on
yellow background in the "Status" field on PowerChute) this
morning! Still
have the flashing right hand battery meter and when I set the calibration
off last night the "Battery Capacity" bargraph on PowerChute
dropped to zero
then slowly counted up, reaching 100% at about 12:45 this morning.

Last two events in the event log are:

20:32:04 - UPS Battery is discharged: 070.0
21:26:19 - UPS runtime calibration initiated

...there's nothing about it ever completing the calibration and - according
to the status message on Powerchute - it seems to think it still is
calibrating.

How long should it take and does the above sound like what I should be
getting or not? Any thoughts? Could the UPS being laid up (without
batteries
installed) for a couple of years have toasted it?

Phil