Latest message you have seen: Re: What Multimeter? General HA Use

Re: Uses for a mini-tx system?

> xAP and xPL are both very lightweight in terms of cpu requirements -
and
> as all xAP/xPL apps can reside on any PC on your network you could
host
> a load of x apps running here eg for CallerID, TV listings, Weather,
> Rio/MVP , SliMP3 display etc etc ??

Good idea, though BOTH are also rather light on documentation to get
working! ;)

Also, if they are on that pc, don't I need a display hooked up to it so I
can see the output of these various x-apps?

> You probbaly dont have the space for any asterisk cards I guess.

nope.

> Are you x'd yet ?

Not really - I tried using the xAP desktop recently but there seemed to be
some problems with it and I abandoned it (again).

All this stuff, xpl too, sounds wonderful in theory, but getting it
actually running for those not intimately involved in the project is a bit
harder.