RE: Web server DNS name

  • Subject: RE: Web server DNS name
  • From: "Andy Laurence" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:44:31 -0000

Paul Gale <mailto:groups@xxxxxxx> scribbled on 23
March 2005
09:33:
> Don't know how it would detect the telephone bit?
>
> I do have a general HA start page running on the default web server
> on IIS on port 80.

1. Open IIS admin (you can right-click on My Computer and select manage,
and navigate to Services and Applications > Iinternet Information
Services)
2. Right-click on the default web site and select New > Site
3. Click Next, type a sensible name (e.g. telephone) and click Next
again
4. Type in the name the site should respond to in the Host header box on
the next page (e.g. telephone) and hit next.
5. Set an arbitrary path and hit next then next then finish
6. Right-click the new site and select Properties
7. Select the Home Directory tab
8. Select A redirection to a URL, tap the address you want to redirect
to in the box, and hit ok

Assuming you've already setup DNS, job's a good 'un!

Cheers,
Andy
--
http://www.andylaurence.co.uk