RE: Led-switch Alternative

  • Subject: RE: Led-switch Alternative
  • From: "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:13:46 -0000

wierd,

I didn't have that bother when I used them :S
I used the QT110, QT115, and QT60326 on several projects, I've not used the
QT160 though

In one instance I had used 4 QT115s,  with white LED backlighting dimmed
via PWM using a Parallax BS2 (so not quick ;)
The sensors were comprised of solar window film about 10mm x 60mm and
spaced 5mm apart,  these were stuck on the back of a sheet of smoked
Perspex which made the top of the exhibit.
The LEDs were placed in a light tight box covered with a milky translucent
Perspex on top of which was placed inversely printed words on clear film
i.e. the light shone through the words on a black background.

The BS2 lit all the leds/words and when one word was touched the other
words would fade

I've just realised whilst trying to describe this - wish I had a camera
back then :( - that the final operation didn't rely on sensing the QT
devices whilst dimming,  though whilst building and testing I do remember
going through a phase of different LED brightness levels  (via PWM) with
the designer, and I don't remember seeing issues with false triggering - at
least not with the 115s

Dave