Re: Multi source, Multi zone audio software. How?

b> So you would require multiple PC's, so I would either have to rip my
b> CDs more than once or copy them over, is that right?

J River Media Center is very configurable, so you can use it pretty
well any way that you want. If you only want to use one PC you can
store your media on that, run Media Center and have multiple zone
outputs using various techniques. You could use a Sound Blaster 5.1
card, or equivalent, which can be configured to give you 3 stereo
outputs, or you could use multiple sound cards.

Alternatively, you could store your media on one PC and run Media
Center on a PC for each zone, or any combination.

My system uses one PC as the file server, another PC with 3 soundcards
running Media Center and providing 3 zone outputs with another remote
PC feeding a further zone running another copy of Media Center, but
sharing the main library.

b> The remote, does it allow control via a TV?

b> Cheers,

b> John

Media Center can be controlled in several ways. It has in IR input
plugin so you could use in IR receiver like UIRT to control it. It can
also be controlled over the network with apps like Netremote,
MusicLobby and Girder.

Bill

b> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Simon Daykin"
<simons.lists@f...>
b> wrote:
>> Another option is the J-River Media Center,
>>
>> http://www.jrmediacenter.com
>>
>> I use it quite extensively.  Allows you to stream different things
b> to
>> different sound cards, and you can (legally) run multiple
instances
b> of Media
>> Center on multiple PCs.  Can stream to sound cards,  or,  with the
b> new MC11
>> and the UpnpAV plug-in,  various devices such as the soundbridge.
b> Using
>> "Girder" you can control the auto in the different zones
b> independtaly from a