Re: [OT] Installing Pocket PC Applications to run from a MMC card without a PPC

Possibly a little hit and miss but you certainly used to be able to
copy the "relevant" cab file to the PPC and it would install when
executed.  I think that Active Sync basically operates in this way but
will already know which .cab file to copy across.

HTH

;oj

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:43:25 -0000, Ward, David <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Sorry for the OT post,
>
> Being a Palm PDA user I'm totally stuck with this problem
>
> I  have bought some AstraWare games to give as a present
> Ideally I would like to give these games pre-installed on a MMC card
so that all the recipient has to do is run the game and enter their
registration key....
> I have done this with Palm games in the past, with the palm all I have
to do is copy the files to a MMC or SD card and they pop up in the
application launcher when the card is inserted.

> The PPC versions come packaged as a exe installer which plonks some
Cab files in a directory on the PC and registers them with activesync.

> does anyone know if I can extract from the Cab and bung them on a MMC
card ?

> I don't have access to a PPC to try test  the install either :-S
>
> failing all this I'll guess I should burn a CD with the exe and the
Birthday boy will just have to wait until they get to a PC to install and
play the games,  which isn't ideal...