[OT] Installing Pocket PC Applications to run from a MMC card without a PPC

  • Subject: [OT] Installing Pocket PC Applications to run from a MMC card without a PPC
  • From: "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:43:25 -0000

Sorry for the OT post,

Being a Palm PDA user I'm totally stuck with this problem

I  have bought some AstraWare games to give as a present
Ideally I would like to give these games pre-installed on a MMC card so
that all the recipient has to do is run the game and enter their
registration key....
I have done this with Palm games in the past, with the palm all I have to
do is copy the files to a MMC or SD card and they pop up in the application
launcher when the card is inserted.

The PPC versions come packaged as a exe installer which plonks some Cab
files in a directory on the PC and registers them with activesync.

does anyone know if I can extract from the Cab and bung them on a MMC card
?

I don't have access to a PPC to try test  the install either :-S

failing all this I'll guess I should burn a CD with the exe and the
Birthday boy will just have to wait until they get to a PC to install and
play the games,  which isn't ideal...

Any help or thoughts appreciated

Dave