Re: Was [OT] Help with power usage calculation, Now: Wake on lan problem

Sorry, I should have said that I've looked at that once, and if I
understand it correctly, the broadcast address I need is:

192.168.0.5 =     11000000.10101000.00000000.00000101 (Home PC IP on the
home network, fixed IP address)

255.255.255.0 = 11111111.11111111.11111111.00000000 (Subnet mask, set by
router, but can be changed)

Inverted =          00000000.00000000.00000000.11111111

Ored together = 11000000.10101000.00000000.11111111 = 192.168.0.255

Is that correct?

I can't access that address from outside the router.  If I try to set up
the firewall rule to direct my request to 192.168.0.255 I get an Invalid
LAN IP address error from my router, and it won't let me set the rule.
So it doesn't work.

I've done some googling on this in the last few days, but can't find the
definitive guide to how to set up wake on lan over a router.

Thanks,

Simon