Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Security of mains ethernet adapters?

Re: Tech advice needed

  • Subject: Re: Tech advice needed
  • From: "gigtekmediacomputers" <stuartmc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:38:36 -0000

Darren,

To get Dolby 5.1 from Sky you would need a Sky+ receiver, on the
standard Sky decoder it is just Pro-Logic.

To use your Media Center to watch DVDs you would need to have your
MPEG decoder down mix the 5.1 to Pro-Logic and then use your Sony to
decode the ProLogic and then output to all speakers. If you have the
Nvidia MPEG decoder this can be set to down-mix to Prologic on the two
channels. We have done this successfully although the best way would
be to get the DD or DTS out through a SPDF connector to the digital
audio in on the amp.

Don't know this specific amp but thats the way it should work.

Hope this helps.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "darren_karp2001" <darren@a...>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've seen a SONY STR-LV500 HOME THEATRE AMP on ebay at very
> reasonable money but was wondering whether anyone can understand the
> tech specs (http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4248914121.pdf).
I want to