Tech advice needed

  • Subject: Tech advice needed
  • From: "darren_karp2001" <darren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:30:13 -0000

Hi All,

I've seen a SONY STR-LV500 HOME THEATRE AMP on ebay at very
reasonable money but was wondering whether anyone can understand the
tech specs (http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4248914121.pdf).
I want to
be able to hook up my media center PC to it and use it for surround
sound. As far as I'm aware Sky TV broadcasts surround sound only on
Sky Movies (which we don't subscribe to BTW).But, what would happen
to DVD's played via the media center as currently I simply have the
L/R out's of the sound card going to the TV and assume that dolby
pro logic is handled differently.

TIA
Darren