Re: Geovision and SilverStone case/PCI riser card...

  • Subject: Re: Geovision and SilverStone case/PCI riser card...
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:01:46 -0000

Never mind... I am being really stupid..
Thanks to Stuart, I opened the case and took the pci riser apart and
sure enough tucked between the 2 pcb boards is a small cut-off pci
card connector with cables. I put this in a slot on the mobo pci and
now it all works great. So the connector was there all along and I
did not know about it...Doh..

Thanks again stuart

Keyvan
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "keyvan2r" <keyvan@e...> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Stuart
> You are right I got the model number wrong.. It is a LC-11.
> I have the riser card with 2xPCI and 1xAGP.
> Am I missing something?
> If the riser has 2xpci and it plugs into one of the pci slots on
the
> motherboard is there another card/connector required to make both
> PCI's work on the riser card??
> Thanks
>
> Keyvan
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "gigtekmediacomputers"
> <stuartmc@g...> wrote:
> >

> > Keyvan,
> >
> > Are you sure you have an LC10 as the LC10 takes full size boards
in
> > the normal position. See it here
> > http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-lc10.htm
> >
> > If you have an LC11 then the Riser that comes with it can take 1
> AGP
> > and 2 X PCI. There is also a small additional card that slots
into
> the
> > other PCI slot to give proper connections. See it here
> > http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-lc11.htm.
LC11 also has

wrote:

> > > I just got a Silverstone LC10 case (from LinItx.com - good
> service
> > > would highly recommend). I had a really noisey/warm Antec
mini
> case
> > > with an Intel M-ATX motherboard and a 3.2 Ghz P4 running
> Geovision
> > > 6.0.5 - I got the silverstone case for a direct replacement.
The
> > > case comes with a 90 degree AGP/PCI riser card. I installed
2
> > > Geovision (1x GVP650 - 1X GVDSP) using this riser card - no
AGP
> > > card, using the on-board VGA.
> > > This worked fine before the riser card was used. Now
geovision
> does
> > > not start - it errors out saying keypro not found - which
means
> it
> > > can't find the card or driver (I think). I tried
uninstalling /
> > > reinstalling all the software but no luck. I can only think
that
> the
> > > riser card is the problem as it is the only new element.
> > > Does anybody know of issues with some PCI cards using a
riser
> card?
> > > Also how can one PCI slot service 2 cards? This is
essentially
> what
> > > the riser card is doing.
> > >
> > > Any help would be much appreciated..
> > >
> > > Keyvan
> > >
> > > BTW the case is very cool looking and well put together.
It's