Caller id help please

  • Subject: Caller id help please
  • From: Ake Hedman <akhe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 23:32:07 +0100

Hi all,

as many of you probably know I work with the Very Simple Control=20
Protocol.  At the moment I am working with  caller id support. I only=20
have ISDN here in house but would also very much like to support analogs=20
modems (and other devices) with caller support. What I therefore is=20
looking for is the string sequence outputted from as many modems as=20
possible. So if you have a modem capable of caller-id *please* take a=20
minute and record the string it sends when a call is received and send=20
this information to me together with the brand of the modem/device to me=20
(akhe@xxxxxxx).

In Sweden the this software brings up the name and address and a map for=20
the caller if used on a PC.  This feature uses a service that is=20
available on  Internet here in Sweden=20
(<http://www.hitta.se/ViewDetailsPink.aspx?SearchType=3D4&UCSB%3aWflWhite=
=3D1a1b&UCSB%3aWflPink=3D4a&UCSB%3aTextBoxWho=3D0657-413430&UCSB%3aTextBoxW=
here=3D&Vkiid=3DMFlB6MutAO6lJv%2fAXJYmKQ%3d%3d&Vkid=3D6023404>
or *http://tinyurl.com/67dj6 *is my
 information as a sample.  Is this=20
service available in Britain as well?

Cheers and thank you in advance for your help.
/Ake

--=20
---
Ake Hedman (YAP - Yet Another Programmer)
eurosource, Brattbergav=E4gen 17, 820 50 LOS, Sweden
Phone: (46) 657 413430 Cellular: (46) 73 84 84 102
Company home: http://www.eurosource.se=20=20=20=20=20=20
Kryddor/Te/Kaffe: http://www.brattberg.com
Personal homepage: http://www.eurosource.se/akhe
Automated home: http://www.vscp.org