RAID Array

Hi. Need some help!!!

I have just built a new media server for my DVD's that I have ripped
as VOB files. My motherboard has eight SATA ports on board and can be
raided. Now my question is this. I want to put in large hard drives
and show them up as being a large disk rather than two smaller disks.
I know that JBOD will do this ie 200+200=400 but do any other RAID
levels do this or are they all 200+200=200? (When mirrored or striped)