Re: routabout?? have you used one?

Ian,
I've made a few Routabout holes and found it a very good bit of kit. Using
=
a circular saw on a "just deep enough" setting is an alternative,
but its m=
essier, you need to be further from the wall and you need to find a way of
=
making goods the hole.

The only slight problems I had were that I was using a Bosch 1/4"
router an=
d the Trend baseplate was thick enough to require the router bit to be
less=
far into the chuck than I would have liked. If you are buying a router for=
this purpose, you are probably better off getting a Trend one. You also ne=
ed a steady pair of hands to hold the router vertical as it tends to rock
o=
n the collar. Don't force it, let it cut and don't go down all the way on
t=
he first cut. As well as making sure the collet size is right, you need to
=
check the thickness of your chipboard as there are two depths of bit.

SWMBO can also be a great help keeping the dust down with a vacuum cleaner
=
as you go.

Pete
=20