RE: Distributing audio - What amplifiers??!!

  • Subject: RE: Distributing audio - What amplifiers??!!
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:45:40 +0100

Noel,

I'm currently doing exactly the same.. not got it fully implemented yet
but I'm going to be using a PC running XLobby with 4 SoundBlaster cards
using the KXProject drivers to get 3 channels out of each (so that's 12
zones). Pocket PC running XLobby client) for remote control etc. The
overall volume will be controlled via the Soundcard, and I will be using
some of the cheap (but highly rated) Sonic Impact Amps to boost the volume
to each zone. These seem to be available for around =A330 each. (Check
eBay=
)

At the moment I just have the PC running XLobby and 1 sound card feeding
one zone to the PC speakers, and another zone to a "Veronica"
FM=20
transmitter to feed music to the radio downstairs. I have one ceiling
speaker installed (in the utility room) but haven't connected this up
yet.

Marcus

------------------Original message -----------------=20=20=20=20=20
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:22:14 -0000
From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxx>
Hey all,=20
am looking for an amp for stand alone use for a couple of months but
looking ahead to my plans in october for distributed audio around the
house.=20=20
when people distribute audio around the house (in my case going to be
from a pc I thinnk, multiple output sound card) what do people use to
amplify the sound for each room? im looking on ebay at cheap remote
control hifi amps is this the best route or are there other options?!?!

THanks