Re: [OT] TomTom GO

  • Subject: Re: [OT] TomTom GO
  • From: "David Amphlett" <dave_yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:53:12 -0000

Coming in to this a bit late so appologies if this has already been
said, but have you considered getting an iPaq, bluetooth gps and the
tomtom software. My collegue at work has that combination. Can't see
how there can be regional compatability issues of the maps on an
ipaq, and you end up with a pda to use as well (unless you've
already got one).

Probably a higher overal cost, but could be a good way to
"justify"
getting a new model iPaq :)

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Malcolm Surgenor" <malcolm@s...>
wrote:
> from my research last night that seems to be a common problem
regardless of
> manufacturer.  It would appear they are reluctant to supply US
mapping s/w
> for European units and vice versa, citing licensing issues.  :-(
>
> GPS units seem to fetch reasonable money on eBay so I'll probably
just buy
> in the US and then sell on eBay after...
>
> Malcolm
Behalf Of
> Jon Whiten
>   Sent: 16 June 2005 23:40
>   To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>   Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: [OT] TomTom GO
>

>   Er, have been trying to get US maps for 3 months now and totally
>   failed.  TomTom first said due mid May and then said
>
>   "The maps of the USA for the TomTom GO are not yet available .
As