RE: MythTv NTL

  • Subject: RE: MythTv NTL
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:25:58 +0100

> > > What hardware would I need ?
> >
> > Hardware that doesn't exist - from the same stable as the
> Sky Digital
> > receiver card that doesn't exist either.
>

> http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211936&page=1
>
> Jim

Hmmm ... I'll have to check this out with my "man at NTL" and see
what he
says - it *SHOULDN'T* be possible unless there's some software out there
that we've missed.

Perhaps I should have said "There is no officially supported hardware
that
runs under MCE that is designed to take a raw digital cable (or digital
satellite) signal and extract it into a PC for the purposes of recording or
playback as neither Sky nor NTL / Telewest at this time have licensed any
PC
based receiving/decoding devices for their services."

As the discussion on that forum thread says, doing what he's doing (if he
actually *CAN* do it) would be illegal no matter whether he is actually
paying for a subscription or not - the NTL T&C's also prohibit the
connection of any equipment not approved by them to their networks.

Phil