Latest message you have seen: RE: {Disarmed} RE: Re: Philips Living Colors LED lights - automation?

RE: Burglar Alarms controllable via PC/web browser??

  • Subject: RE: Burglar Alarms controllable via PC/web browser??
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:44:13 +0100

Noel,

I now see lots of suggestions as to which panel you could buy :-)
As a really cheap & cheerful solution I guess you could buy an extra
keypad, customise(tm) the buttons and interface them to an I/O board
(Web Brick, NetIOM, Barionet, Ian Bird's board at www.mollyology.com
etc.). Knock up a webpage with a virtual keypad and each button press on
the screen is translated to a pulsed relay output on the I/O board and
on to the customised(tm) keypad.

Even some of the most basic panels have outputs which signal whether the
alarm has been activated etc. (outputs other than the bell/strobe
connection that is ;-)  )
so you could bring in some status points too.

HTH,

Tim.