Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: MS Server OS's : Don't get it

GeoVision Telemetry control

  • Subject: GeoVision Telemetry control
  • From: "Steve Jones" <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:56:46 +0100

Hi Mark,

Frank is correct I use GeoVision, HomeVision and Franks all House infrared
system (FirM) to control my Honeywell VCL Dome.

I can only reiterate what Ian said with regards to being selective on which
camera's you go for.  GeoVision's list of compatible cameras are a bit
limited.  I purchased My VCL dome (which uses their own protocol called
VCLTP) before I came across Geovision and the tech support in Japan said it
was not supported in what was then the latest version of Geovision.  I was
lucky because it worked with the Ademci(Jupiter) camera setting built-in
GeoVision  (I belive Ademco and Honeywell VCL may all be related so which
may explain that).

If you decide GeoVision is for you make sure you specify you want the
lates=
version card with the security chip built into the card and not the old
car=
with the upgrade which is a USB plug-in security licence dongle to allow
operation of the software.  I understand that with this latest card there
will also be a future software upgrade that will allow users to input
custo=
protocols thus minimising unsupported cameras (just beware some
manufacture's want release protocols that easy).

GeoVision is useful to me because it runs on a PC.    PC's are easy and
cheap to upgrade with bigger storage not to mention GeoVision often add new
features to their software and I believe so far all these upgrades have
bee=
FOC.  Before for you buy you will need to look at the PC compatibly list
recommended by GeoVision, I think they have had issues with PC's using
Athalon CPU's ect.

Geovision can also be setup so you can access your cameras from the
interne=
this includes PTZ so you could be the other side of the world and
move/switch your camera's=85  There is also another option where you could
dial-in over a telephone line privately to view/control them.    You may
want to have a look here there is a live web demo :-  www.geovision.com.tw

Another great source of information if a Geovision forum on this suppliers
website :- http://www.ezcctv.com/techforum/index.php

With regards to my setup I can also control my system with HomeVision this
is with thanks to Frank who help me implement the protocols  The plan for
the future is to use HomeVision to move the camera to specific presents on
certain actions like door bell ringing ect (I think Geovision also supply a
add-on board to do alarm presets amongst things like number plate
recognition and POS interfaces ect)   I have also opted for the option of
the =A320 plug-in USB infrared receiver and use Frank's "All House
Infrared
System" FirM  to control cameras from any room/TV in the house=85.

In short maybe all I should of said is Geovision appears to be very
flexibl=
and pretty much future proof (if that's possible !)

Ho I forgot to say, you can of course get camera's that will receive their
telemetry control from either cable like Cat5 or coax or high breads that
can receive it either way!

Steve