Latest message you have seen: Popcorn hour?

RE: GeoVision Telemetry control

  • Subject: RE: GeoVision Telemetry control
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:24:51 +0100

Hi

Sorry for the delay in answering. RS485 is very robust and with good cable
=
over 1000m should not be a problem. Has Steve has mentioned some cameras
do=
support PTZ via the coax, however you would need some sort of adapter at t=
he Geovision end to take the RS485 data from the net card and put it onto
t=
he video coax feed.

Much easier just to use one of the pairs in a cat5, in fact you can get
che=
ap baluns to allow the video to go down one of the other pairs. It is far
e=
asier to use cat5 for everything and do away with the coax. With a house
li=
ke yours Mark full of cat5 you could have a camera
.well maybe not the Kitchen then!

Ian D
=20