Latest message you have seen: Re: Photos of Home Automation

[OT] Windows MCE and making DVDs...

  • Subject: [OT] Windows MCE and making DVDs...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:20:16 +0100

Downloaded the trial version of Sonic Primetime to give that a whirl ...
thank Christ I didn't spend =A350 on it sight unseen!

I wrote a couple of DVDs using it this evening and apart from being
mind-numbingly slow at transcoding the MCE files to something useable as a
DVD it also reduces last weekends "Top Gear" into an
unrecogniseable mush
(the weekends before writes out to DVD just fine). Last weekends recording
*PLAYS* fine under MCE.

It also reckons it can fit two episodes of Top Gear on a DVD but then part
way through says there's not enough space on a disc and I shudder to think
what it's going to make of the long film I have it doing at the moment.

It tells me that there are different recording qualities (which may be true
when recording from an analogue source but not when all you have are
Digita=
Terrestrial feeds) and doesn't seem able to offer any sort of recompression
of source data to fit available space.

Anyone else have any suggestions for easy to use alternative applications
for creating DVDs from MCE recordings?

Cheers

Phil