RE: Re: My Node 0 Ventilation Solution (in Loft)

  • Subject: RE: Re: My Node 0 Ventilation Solution (in Loft)
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 13:47:07 +0100

OK, cool, I just wondered what everybody else was doing, but you're a
bit ahead of me already :-)

> (I'd also like to get some decent and - very - easy to set up
> logging and graphing s/w for this but haven't found anything
> obvious that doesn't require some effort to understand and
> install.  Any suitable ideas gratefully received.)

There were some options mentioned under the thread "Charting software
for web use?" - a quick scoot through the archives might give some
pointers.

> Installing stuff there during the heat had me bathed in sweat
> and drinking pints of water each time I came down!

I know what you mean - I was insulating mine in similar conditions. I
thought the landing was warm until I started working in the attic . . .

> > Rather than insulate the whole of the underside of the tiles,
have
> you
> > thought about creating a small "room" up there to put
your kit in
> and
> > then just insulate the outside of that ? It sounds like an easier
> job
> > than doing the whole roof.
>
> I did think of this but I think that, in effect, that's
> pretty much what I've done except that the cabinet is not
> actually insulated.
> There is another reason...
>

> > One final question . . . why is your attic so empty? I can't move
> > in mine ;-)
>
> The attic was built with the intention of making it usable
> play space (it's built with attic trusses to give something
> like 4m x 10m of usable floorspace). Originally, we had
> intended to fully insulate it into the rafters but
> complications over how to properly ventilate the timbers plus
> a bit of a cost saving exercise (granite worksurfaces and
> other toys used up the budget for the fit out) meant that it
> was consigned to 'phase 2'.

Cool - you'll end up with a good sized room up there when it's all done
:-)

> Regards
>
> Richard

Cheers,