RE: Re: My Node 0 Ventilation Solution (in Loft)

  • Subject: RE: Re: My Node 0 Ventilation Solution (in Loft)
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 13:51:58 +0100

I don't want to worry you and perhaps it's just an urban myth, but do
UPSs like feeding motors? Someone at work raised a caution when it was
suggested that cleaners might use a UPS outlet for their vacuum, but I
don't know if that was concern over damage to the UPS, or just that they
might run the batteries down etc. I guess that rack fan trays are often
fed from UPSs so it can't be that bad.

Cheers,

Tim.