Latest message you have seen: Enroute to building a decent PVR : Are dvb-t cards any good ?

RE: HT PC

  • Subject: RE: HT PC
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:50:49 -0000

It's Robs "old" Overtures that I'm using and they are a cracking
case -
especially given that you can pick 'em up new for about =A365ish. They are
quiet enough that I use one in my living room and although the AV stack
isn't silent I couldn't tell you for certain that I can hear the Overture
over TiVo, the Pace Twin Tuner PVR or the Thomson DHD4000 Freeview PVR. I
think the loudest thing in the HTPC is the hard disc and that's for two
reasons - 1) That I haven't been able to use the Antec supplied
"rubber
mounted" drive rack because of the size of the Zalman super flower
cooler s=
the hard disc is mounted rigidly in the front of the case using 5.25"
3.5" drive rails and 2) the drive that is in there has a grumbly
bearing
anyway.

Phil