Latest message you have seen: RE: Seeking longer IDE cable

RE: Re: HT PC

  • Subject: RE: Re: HT PC
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:39:29 -0000

The super flower cooler is also *BLOODY HEAVY* - I wouldn't recommend using
one in a tower case for the simple consideration of the leverage on the
motherboard! Certainly in the instructions for the flower cooler
(especially
the copper one which is heavier then the copper-aluminium one) it does say
that the heatsink should be removed if the PC is to be transported as it
exceeds the specs for the maximum permissable weight of heatsink.

Also if you use the motherboard monitoring then be aware that at the
slowest
fan speed the PC may refuse to boot unless you disable the motherboards own
protection - this is certainly the case with my HTPC which considers any
fan
speed below 1,500rpm to be a sign of a failed fan. (The super flower runs
at
about 1,300 rpm at its lowest setting.)

Phil