Re: Troubleshooting X10 interference

Monitoring the actual X10 data as transmitted on the mains must be the
first step.... to see if you are actually getting rogue X10 messages.
This will establish if there si a problem with programming. Also do you
have any of the computer interfaces CM11 CM12U etc ??  They are
notorious for throwing tantrums.

Noting that the problems seem to be happening in the evening are all
your LD11's mounted with lots of space inbetween each (a spare modules
space)  and well ventilated - they also are sensitive to heat which
would tie in with problems at night when they are being used.  This
would happen particularly if you have lights set to a dim level ie not
100% ON or OFF as they get hotter in these settings

Other thoughts.... any RF to X10 linkages, or even IR ??    Do you
perhaps own a Dell DDAR or Rio audio player - they are real horrors for
X10.  Do you have any other appliance anywhere in your home that might
be switching ON or OFF at the same time you see problems, that might be
generating interference or X10 attenuation on the mains.   Otherwise it
might be a case of successive isolations (using the MCB's) to see if you
can find that removing something causes it all to work again.  Last
thought - do the times that something erroneously comes on at (or goes
off) tie in with another expected X10 event that could in some way be
being corrupted, or suffering collisions.  I have a dimmer module that
is set to to D9 but turns ON with D8, is not dimmable and can only be
turned off via D9 - very strange.  If I move it elsewhere in the house
it works OK.

Kevin