RE: Multiple Wireless AP working together?

  • Subject: RE: Multiple Wireless AP working together?
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:29:18 -0000

. . . and even then it *only just* works, IME. Another list member got
his two Llinksys APs to work in bridge mode, but I kept losing the web
configuration interface when I did it. The AP needed a reboot to get it
back and even then it was a bit flaky.

Someone else mentioned that they got their Linksys to work ok in AP
Client mode (I may not have got the term quite right tho'). IIRC bridge
mode only lets the two APs talk to each other, whereas AP Client allows
the "host" AP to talk to other devices too. Maybe that mode would
work
for you ?

Cheers,

Tim H.