Re: Re: 2U rack case recommendations

Quoting Rob Lamb (those@xxxxxxx):

> I can't even get the memory to fit inside the case let alone the cpu
> and cooler (it's an AMD)! Does anyone do a right angle memory card
> adapter like the PCI ones?

Not heard of anyone that does, I'm afraid.

> And where did you get the low profile cooler from?

ACME sell them with the chassis. On the ones I've used, there's a hefty
fan in the right rear of the case -- not the normal style though; it
pushes air out perpendicular to the fan axis rather than parallel to it,
so the fan can be quite small in diameter but perhaps as much as 150mm
deep.  The CPU is always fairly close to that fan, and for Intel CPUs
they supply a passive low-profile heatsink that has fins parallel to
the direction of the airflow from the fan.

James