Re: VOIP Dect solution - any one use it?

On 08/01/2005 at 19:59 John Andrews wrote:

>Hi Group
>
>Does anyone use the COM-ON-AIR VOIP easy solution? It seems to be a
PCMCIA=
=20
>DECT solution that turns the PC into a DECT base station that
supports=20
>interfaces with SIP based VOIP solutions. i.e. sipgate.co.uk sell it
for=20
>=A369.
>
>Before I make the plunge (as it seems IDEAL), just wanted to know if
>anyone=20
>used it (or a different hardware solution)
>
>A PDF from the supplier can be found from the link below.
>
>http://www.dasystems.de/en/pdfs/produkte/com_on_air_voip_easy_en.pdf
>
>Cheers
>
>J=20

I'm *guessing*, but I'd be expecting the 'sip support' to be a softphone
to=
which you register with your provider/asterisk box.. Not ideal imho... I u=
se an FXS port and plug my dect base station into that... works a treat
esp=
ecially as my DECT phones seem yo understand US style caller id AND
calleri=
d text ...

yum yum

Andy