Re: VOIP Dect solution - any one use it?

On Saturday 08 January 2005 19:59, John Andrews wrote:
> Hi Group
>
> Does anyone use the COM-ON-AIR VOIP easy solution? It seems to be a
PCMCI=
> DECT solution that turns the PC into a DECT base station that supports
> interfaces with SIP based VOIP solutions. i.e. sipgate.co.uk sell it
for
> =A369.
>
> Before I make the plunge (as it seems IDEAL), just wanted to know if
anyo=
ne
> used it (or a different hardware solution)
>
> A PDF from the supplier can be found from the link below.
>
> http://www.dasystems.de/en/pdfs/produkte/com_on_air_voip_easy_en.pdf

I use a sipura 2000 to interface to my DECT handset, have also used a=20
handytone ata 286 in the past.
Sipura 2000's are available at www.calluk.com/sipura
handytones I get from www.voiptalk.org
Another alternative is a cisco ata 186 - more expensive, but supposed to
wo=
rk=20
well.
FYI I also use voiptalk as a voip->pstn provider and it works pretty
well.

The only problem I see with the com-on-air dect stuff is that they're
windo=
ws=20
specific - now if I could plug one directly into my asterisk box and use
it=
=20
as a fxs device, that would be of interest.

HTH
Jon