Re: RAD-I/O from RedRadio

Exciting ! I think the concept is really interesting and is a
definite winner IF  the price is right.. You have here 8 displays that
can be attached via CAT5 over good distances and effectively mirror the
PC screen in divided areas.  Significantly all your processing is
handled by the PC and the devices naturally have intercommunication and
instant response. An ideal model I think...   now what about using them ?
Waves magic wand and...... from the xAP side an immediate solution
comes to mind. We have James' xAP Desktop , which allows you to position
highly graphic floating widgets anywhere on your PC screen that
represent devices or buttons / information dashboards.  These already
are realtime displays that have touch interaction inbuilt. So you would
place eight of these 'fixed' rather than floating to map individually to
each of the 8 displays ( xAP desktop handles upto 40 different screens
). You can move these around the PC screen under xAP control so you
could effectively swap screens instantly on any remote screen, and of
course they would work in realtime, at PC speed.  You could even mirror
screens onto several displays although (maybe) their display card allows
this too which would be even better    Even better these widgets can
integrate seamlessly with HomeSeer devices...so you have your HA engine
behind the screens if you want.  The only missing bit currently is
handling the independent 'touch'  feedback from eight screens. An
interesting potential marriage that just seems ideal....let's hope 'the
price is right' .

Kevin