[OT] Mail server recommendations

  • Subject: [OT] Mail server recommendations
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:44:51 -0000

Having just expanded the IT Estate at Chez Morgan with a pair of Toshiba
TabletPCs, I want to set up a mail server rather than have all mail
delivered to a single workstation as it is at the moment.

Though I have Exchange Server 2003 available from my MSDN subscription, I
don't really have a server with sufficient spare computing power to use it.
I'd appreciate any views on suitable lightweight alternatives. It needs to
provide POP3 client access from Outlook and to be able to fetch mail from a
number of POP3 accounts. I'd also prefer it to be Windows based as I don't
have a Linux machine running at the moment.

Oh, yeah, I'd like it to be free (or virtually free), too!

TIA.

Steve