Re: Ceiling Mount Speakers

  • Subject: Re: Ceiling Mount Speakers
  • From: Don McAllister <donmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:42:10 +0000

Keith ...

Questions, questions :-)

On 18/2/05 6:36 pm, "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> First Question ....Did you use 2 core flex or Twin and Earth or 3 core
flex
> ?
>
> If you used T&E or 3 core flex you can probably resurrect the
stereo. If you
> only have 2 cores then it will have to be mono.

Only 2 cores I'm afraid.

> Second question... What is the impedance of the speakers  4 or 8 ohm.

8 ohms

> Third Question... what is the minimum impedance load the amp can take?

Says 8 - 19 ohms on the back of the amp

> Fourth Question... Is the amp used exclusively for the bathroom or is
it a
> second set of speakers off an existing amp ?

I've got the speaker output connected to a small speaker switch unit
(simple
push button affair) which allows 4 sets of speakers to be driven (Bathroom,
kitchen, conservatory for now)

> If the amp is exclusively for the bathroom then mono is easy as you
just mix
> the signals at the input to the amp (or press the mono button if it
has one)

> If the amp is als used by the kitchen then either the kitchen will
have to
> run mono as well or you will have to use just left or right for
bathroom and
> have "half stereo". (Beatles and other 60's records give
really wierd
> effects, all or most music on one channel with just vocals and
percussion on
> the other!)

Half stereo for the bathroom would be OK - primarily use for spoken radio
programs in the bathroom

> Answer these and I will give more info :-)

Please give me my next information fix please!

Thanks
Don