RE: Do we all use more electricity ?

  • Subject: RE: Do we all use more electricity ?
  • From: "Alex Monaghan" <ha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:21:25 -0000

Anyone know if you can change suppliers when you have a backlog on your
bill
?

We are on a monthly standing order (cos I'm a lazy git !), but PowerGen
never bothered to take notice of the readings and advise us to increase the
monthly payment. My wife noticed it (after quite a while) and increased the
monthly payments in order to bring down the size of the bill, however as
we're not getting interest charged, then I've not rushed to clear it.

We have a 5 bed detached, 3 children & a SWMBO who seem to have no idea
how
to switch things off, so any reduction is a help. Economy 7 helps, but only
if you can get SWMBO to put the washing on a timed wash rather than going
bed and washing during the day :(

Another question...

How do the LV halogens compare in running cost to a standard bulb (cheaper
or more expensive) ? I've put some in our lobby & loo as the ceiling is
too
low to suspend a normal light from and still open the door without impact.
SWMBO really likes the brightness / clean light and I have some on the
bench
for the lounge, is it going to be cost effective to do all the rooms this
way ?