Latest message you have seen: Re: WoooHooo - Another 7 Circuits on cbus

Re: Re: Do X10 Dimmers save electricity?

Darren,

It depends very much on the dimmer, but basically if you make the the
lamp 50% brightness, you will be saving anything from 10% to 25% of the
electricity.  So yes, you will be saving, but nowhere near 50%.

The dimmer isn't perfect, it uses elecy to do dimming, and the bulbs
don't have a linear response....

Like Phil says dim because you can (under remote/computer control), if
you want to save money, buy CFL low energy lightbulbs and forget the
expensive bulbs and dimming hardware....

Lee