Latest message you have seen: =?utf-8?B?UmU6IFt1a2hhX2RdIFdoYXQgZGlkIFNhbnRhIEJyaW5nPw==?=

Re: [OT] VPN for dummies

  • Subject: Re: [OT] VPN for dummies
  • From: "Tim Fletcher" <timfletcher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:33:17 -0000

Hi,
I found using the SSH Sentinel VPN client was really robust (better than
XP). It used to be free for non-commercial use, but is no longer available.
I have the last free (For non commercial use) available for download along
with a comprehensive tutorial.

The main difference from XP is that it is a stepwise process with
diagnostics and it is pretty simple to debug - not so with XP.  Coupled
with
XPs remote desktop facility it is just like sitting at the remote computer
:)

Let me know if you want to download it and I will send you a link.,

HTH

Tim.