Latest message you have seen: Smart Metering Privacy

Electrical/Oil consumption via 1-wire

  • Subject: Electrical/Oil consumption via 1-wire
  • From: "Benfield, John (Penta)" <john.benfield-eds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:00:14 -0000

Okay, the recent topic of electrical consumption monitoring has got my
inte=
rest well and truly up. I am looking to setup both electrical and oil
monit=
oring now. On doing various bits of web research I have come up with my
'de=
sign', however this will be my first little venture into the world of
1-Wir=
e stuff so want some else to validate it.

The idea is to use both a CU and oil meter that has a pulse output. These
w=
ould be connected to a 1-Wire general purpose counter (http://tinyurl.com/6=
cf5n <http://tinyurl.com/6cf5n> ). I would
then plan to use a TEMP08 or LOG=
08 stand alone controller from Midon Design (http://www.midondesign.com/ <h=
ttp://www.midondesign.com/> ). The biggest unknown would be how to then
ret=
rieve that data into something useful, ideally into some form a database.

I've just been in touch with Bell Flow Systems (thanks James for that
one),=
however the price of there oil meters is a tad expensive at =A3285 each (a=
nd I would need two).

Any comments and suggestions gratefully received.

JB