Latest message you have seen: RE: The iPhone 4 - Our First Impressions, Good and Bad

Re: CCTV server

Got one.

Pros
Fairly cheap.
Easily set up, good job really as the manual is in poor Engrish.
Image quality is fine with my very cheap mini-cameras :-) Don't know what
it's like with anything decent.

Cons
It only displays one channel at a time. No multi cameras on one web page.
Web page is active x based so pretty much useless with firefox. (although
it will display the last channel selected)
Email and ftp are based on the motion detection, automatically switches to
the last channel motion was detected on, can't filter it for specific
channels or set timers for channels.
Multiples users is a crock, only the admin user can switch channels.
Appears that the only user variable is the password!

I've got the version with video out from http://network-camera.co.uk/
I'm happy with mine, if the listed cons were fixed it would be ideal for
me.

Max