Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Smart Metering Privacy

Re: CCTV server

Matt,

After a little playing around with the unit, with Max's help. Some
useful bits of informatoin came out.
The device only serves 1 image at a time, it is basically a switcher
linked to a single frame grabber.
The activeX supports lots of features from camera switching to image
control
The Java/Netscape image push has no features and just shows the video.
With a bit of poiking around the following urls were found:
http://ipaddress:port/Jpeg/CamImg.jpg
is the current image
http://ipaddress:port/SetChannel.cgi?Channel=1
http://ipaddress:port/SetChannel.cgi?Channel=2
http://ipaddress:port/SetChannel.cgi?Channel=3
http://ipaddress:port/SetChannel.cgi?Channel=4
lets you switch inputs. This also won't return the page until the
input is fully switched and the camera settles down.

HTH

James

max barker wrote:

>  Got one.
>
>  Pros Fairly cheap. Easily set up, good job really as the manual is
>  in poor Engrish. Image quality is fine with my very cheap
>  mini-cameras :-) Don't know what it's like with anything decent.
>
>  Cons It only displays one channel at a time. No multi cameras on
>  one web page. Web page is active x based so pretty much useless
>  with firefox. (although it will display the last channel selected)
>  Email and ftp are based on the motion detection, automatically
>  switches to the last channel motion was detected on, can't filter
>  it for specific channels or set timers for channels. Multiples
>  users is a crock, only the admin user can switch channels. Appears
>  that the only user variable is the password!
>
>  I've got the version with video out from
>  http://network-camera.co.uk/ I'm
happy with mine, if the listed