RE: [OT] ish: Need a new switch

  • Subject: RE: [OT] ish: Need a new switch
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 01:14:57 -0000

Paul,

Have a look at the Hirschmann products (www.hirschmann.com). They do a
couple of different ranges, one that looks like a conventional 19"
rack
mount unit and another designed for inside industrial control cabinets.
This latter range are completely fanless, have managed & unmanaged
versions, with & without fibre ports, auto uplink etc. etc. They can
also take redundant 24VDC power supplies.

I'm away from my Hirschmann catalogue (and an internet connection) right
now so can't think of model numbers off the top of my head. I've used
some 5 & 16 port versions on some recent projects and have been very
pleased. I've no connection to Hirschmann other than being a happy
customer. I've bought mine from Parmley Graham, is you're interested in
buying I can pass you my account manager's details.

HTH,

Tim H.

Dell