RE: Having a terrible time trying to find 6 switches!!

  • Subject: RE: Having a terrible time trying to find 6 switches!!
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 01:14:56 -0000

Darren,

Have a look at Paul Gordon's bathroom (see
http://paulgordon.homeip.net).
He put together a 2g stainless or chrome
plate with similar pushbuttons. I don't think they were mains rated
though, so you'd need to rig up some interposing relays to go from 12V
(typically) to mains voltages. The pushbutton would have to sit in a 12V
circuit, along with the coil of the relay. The NO contact off the relay
sits in the mains circuit and basically connects the live and switched
live per a normal (non automated) light switch.

Interposing relays are not too difficult to figure out, but you need to
ensure that your LV cabling is suitably rated for mains voltages e.g.
you could use CBus Cat5, or "tri-rated switchgear" cable (search
on
http://rswww.com for "tri-rated
switchgear cable").

Hope that gives you some pointers,