Re[6]: RE: RFID Human Implants - Occupancy Detection

Ah, looks like some experimentation is called for. Pity their IR keys are =
=A315 as that's the tricky bit to get small and petproof.

I'd still rather not have another dangling thing though. She's already got
=
a tag and a bell, any more and she'd be applying for a job as a St
Bernard.=
http://www.shew.org/images/mitzi.jpg
- the Staywell 'key' looks uncomforta=
ble but she's not made a fuss.

Pete

On 08/02/2005 at 16:26 Ward, David wrote:

>http://www.staywell.co.uk/pages/small.php
>
>500 Infra Red Cat Flap
>
>Dave

Detection

>>Our cat is chipped, but my understanding is that the antenna on=20
>>the chip is so small that the reader has to be essentially in=20
>>contact with the animal. That's why I'm looking at an=20
>>alternative to hang on her collar to operate the cat flap.=20
>>
>>One thing that concerns me is that an external RFID would=20
>>possibly mask the internal one if she got lost, but I suppose=20
>>if she still had her collar on, then her email address and=20
>>phone number would still be with her.
>>
>>We didn't have to bother with this nonsense until we found a=20
>>recent new neighbours cat coming down our stairs!!  :-(
>>
>>Pete

detect* the
>>>presence of
 (Check ebay as he=20