RE: Re[4]: RE: RFID Human Implants - Occupancy Detection

  • Subject: RE: Re[4]: RE: RFID Human Implants - Occupancy Detection
  • From: "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:26:51 -0000

http://www.staywell.co.uk/pages/small.php

500 Infra Red Cat Flap

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Shew [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 February 2005 15:48
To: UKHA
Subject: Re[4]: [ukha_d] RE: RFID Human Implants - Occupancy Detection

Mm, I'm not convinced. The PIC is fine and would probably
outlast the battery shelf life, but getting an IR LED with a
wide beam angle, and the mechanics of trying to avoid being
obscured by fur, might defeat me.

Has anyone done work on retinal scans of cats? :-)

Pete

On 08/02/2005 at 13:56 Ward, David wrote:

>I have seen commercial electronic Cat flaps that use a fob
that has an IR
>emmitter in it
>If you were crafty with a PIC10F microcontroller you could make one
>
>Dave

 (Check ebay as he