Re[2]: RE: RFID Human Implants - Occupancy Detection

Our cat is chipped, but my understanding is that the antenna on the chip is
so small that the reader has to be essentially in contact with the animal.
That's why I'm looking at an alternative to hang on her collar to operate
the cat flap.

One thing that concerns me is that an external RFID would possibly mask the
internal one if she got lost, but I suppose if she still had her collar on,
then her email address and phone number would still be with her.

We didn't have to bother with this nonsense until we found a recent new
neighbours cat coming down our stairs!!  :-(

Pete

On 08/02/2005 at 12:58 Mark Kaye wrote:

>Ward, David wrote:
>> Well,  these ones I bought from QTEKNOLOGY certainly detect* the
>presence of
>> the 'PetLog IdentiChip'  in our animals
>>
>>  <http://home.btconnect.com/QTEKNOLOGY/>
 (Check ebay as he sometimes has